Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Rangoli Latest Design For 2010

Rangoli design can be simple geometric shapes, prints of deities, flowers and shapes of petals usually made with bright colored powders or paint. While the art form is primarily decorative, it is also said to bring good luck.
Financial Consultant Gauteng Roshni Singh said that from his childhood home mom decorated for Independence Day tomorrow.
"I started doing it when I was in college.
"I still do on the morning of Independence Day to my driveway. It is a sign that we are celebrating by using bright colors."
Singh said the rangoli is done primarily on auspicious occasions like Independence Day and weddings.
"In ancient times, was rangoli to welcome Ram returned from the jungle."
She said she liked it because it got your creative side.
"I have been helping the competence of the Newtown Diwali Rangoli Festival for the past two years and has not been so much interest.
"Many children as young as six have shown interest," said Singh.
Kamini Chhotubhai before Gujarat in India and has lived in South Africa during the past 20 years, said it was a tradition he had learned in his childhood.
"I have a prayer room in my house and every week I make a small rangoli at the entrance. However, for Diwali and Navaratri make a rangoli outside the home. This is a tradition that began at home," he said.
Usha Makan, of Ridgeway in Johannesburg, said the bright colors represented happiness.
"I do it every year on Independence Day. It represents my culture. Since I was little, I used to see my mother does."
Makan said rangoli, practiced mainly in the Gujarati community, was becoming more and more popular and this was evident by the number of people who showed interest in the art form in the contest held recently.

0 comments:

Post a Comment