Sunday, May 22, 2011

Boxer Oscar De La Hoya In Rehab:Twitter,Facebook,TMZ,CNN,BBC

Oscar De La Hoya has entered rehab to knock out a substance abuse problem.TMZ reports that the boxing champ has been seeking treatment in a California-area facility for the past few weeks.

"Like everyone, I have my flaws, and I do not want to be one of those people that is afraid to admit and address those flaws," the 10-time world champion tells the site. "Throughout my career and my life, I have always met all challenges head-on, and this is no different. I am confident that with the support of my family and friends, I will become a stronger, healthier person."

Wherever De La Hoya is staying, he has access to his Twitter account. Over the past week, he has been posting inspirational messages that hinted at his road to recovery.

"Today I healed my pain so I can heal yours tomorrow," he wrote on May 19. "Live today like you lived yesterday...Alive!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment