Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Andy Irons Dies Due To Dengue Fever

The world of surfing and his home island of Kaua'i are reeling from the news that three-time world champion Andy Irons died this morning, according to reports from dengue fever. Now Hawaii According to news report, the surfer of 32 years old, died in Dallas on the way to the Garden Isle, after retiring from competition in Puerto Rico.
A Web site story in your local newspaper, the GardenIsland.com reports that Mills had been diagnosed with dengue fever in Puerto Rico, and had first sought medical treatment in Miami before deciding to see your doctor Kauai . He was at a standstill when it was determined he was too ill to continue flying home, and after checking himself into a hotel, did not wake up, according GardenIsland.com.
Irons wife, Lyndi, are expecting their first child within a month, reported GardenIsland.com. His younger brother, Bruce, also a champion surfer on the basis of Kauai, and sponsored with Andy and his family the year Pinetrees Irons Brothers Classic, a contest at his home break young surfers. Andy Irons had to miss this year's Classic in March, the event of such meetings, but spoke with the contestants keiki through mobile phone Australia, where he was recovering from an injury, according to a previous story Garden Island.
Andy Irons appears in numerous surf documentaries, including 2004's "Blue Horizons." A video interview of four minutes with images of surf (see below), published by the sponsor Billabong August 23, begins with this voiceover: "When I was young, when I sailed, it was because he did Kelly Slater because I surfed was exaggerated, I surfed because I have chickens, I surf because it was a game, I surfed because I have a cool car. I have all these cool things, and they all just became ... you know, those things . But it's all about the feeling I have to ride that wave. "
The soundtrack is a A.A. Bondy song called "kill me when I was young." E ho'omaha i ka maluhia - rest in peace, Andy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment